Saturday, September 6, 2014

Third year - Balance of the month of July, 2014

It's been so crazy around here that I have gotten so far behind with my posts.  So, I plan to post a few general posts and then hopefully get back to posting daily.  As I have mentioned before, this post has served many purposes.  First I created it in order to get information about Bridgett to people who we know and love. Second, I hope that this is a record that at some point in the future I can print into book form and give to Bridgett, as a way to see what she went through.  Especially when we are talking about the first year, she remembers nothing.  She has been asked what is the first thing she remembers after the wreck and she answered that she remembers flying to New York.  That was eleven months after her wreck.  From time to time she says something about the rehab hospital, but I think that these are things she remembers from the stories we tell her and not from actual memory of her own.  If I ask her questions about anything that happened the first year, she draws a blank really except for the stories we tell (like flying home with the Stanfills).  Third, I hope this blog can help someone else out, who may be going through some kind of a similar experience, whether it be a TBI or whatever. 

We had a busy for the rest of July.  My brother Dave and his two youngest kids, Jaiden and Justus, came up from Utah to visit.  We had lots of fun with them, and Bridgett for sure had a blast.  Bridgett was very close to Dave and his family in the few years preceding the wreck.  She often stayed at their house, took care of the kids, went to do fun things with the family, went running and biking with Dave and just had lots of fun.  She is always so excited to see them and really enjoyed their visit.  Also, Bridgett and I made a trip to Orem and Faith came and saw us at our place there. Mark had already brought down some mattresses for us and a few other things, so we were fairly comfortable there.  Additionally I was able to get a very quick visit to the dentists, as I have a tooth that feels as if it is broken a little bit, but there is no pain.  It turns out that it did indeed break, but it did not break to the root or anything.  I will get it fixed when we get to Orem at the end of August.  There was no one to be with Bridgett while I did it this trip, so no problem waiting from the dentists viewpoint.  Also, the girls and I are busy making lists of things to pack so that hopefully we will not forget anything important when we head to Orem.  At least if we do, Mark can bring it to us on the next trip down!

No comments:

Post a Comment