Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 80 - Saturday March 3, 2012

Today was mostly a quiet day.  Bridgett felt a little better.  She is looking a little stronger and her color is better.  Perhaps whatever was happening is getting better.  She hasn't passed out since Monday.  I randomly check her blood sugar and it's between 84-95.  However, today she didn't eat very well and didn't drink very well.  By afternoon I was feeling frustrated.  I just want her to feel better or find someone who can help her. She feels  weak like she can't get up from the couch etc. but if she tries she can do it.  Tyler is great at getting her to try things.  Usually the kids and I can find a way to get her to eat or drink by making it a game or whatever, but nothing was working.  We often (since she has been sick) set the timer for 10-15 minutes and get her to take 3-5 sips of liquid.  Or we can give her choices about what to eat and we can find something to tempt her.  Finally I sent Arrianne and Stephany to visit Jenn and get out of the house; it can get depressing.  By the time they got back I was so frustrated I wanted to just cry but I determined to find another way to deal with things. I sweetly said Bridgett ever since you have been little, whenever you are sick I would give you a little bit of flat ginger ale or some toast.  Which one would be best for you right now; she said toast, so I made some.  Arrianne suggested that I break the toast into little bitty bites so that she could eat it easier.  I took off the crust and did just that and she ate the whole thing. I know that biting things is difficult because of her teeth and perhaps when she is not feeling well it's just too much.  Later on I said when you were in the hospital and feeling sick one of your very nice nurses, Mike, ordered your a toasted cheese sandwich and you ate it and you felt better.  If I make you a toasted cheese sandwich and cut it into cute little shapes that would be fun to eat right.  She said yes, so I did just that and cut off the crusts and she ate the little triangles and squares.   After that she drank better and we played some relaxation music.  She sat and looked at pictures.  She still can't see them really clearly, but better than before.  We all talked together for quite a while and finally went to bed.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.  She has an appointment with the neuro rehab doctor on Tuesday and the neurosurgeon on Thursday, so we've got to get her feeling better by then!  Please everyone continue to remember her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment