Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 92 - Thursday March 15, 2012

Well the day started off kind of rough and I was worried about it for sure--but the day ended up very well.  Bridgett woke up twice during the night to go to the bathroom (actually the second time it was 5:30 a.m. but she never gets up that early).  She never wakes up to go to the bathroom.  Then the second time when I helped her back to bed I asked do you want some water-no.  Do you want to go to bed-no.  Do you want to stay up-no.  Do you want to sit down-no.  Do you want to stand up- no. No matter what I asked her the answer was no.  She was not mad or mean or anything, she just would only say no.  Finally she let me help her sit down on the edge of the bed.  I woke up Mark because he wanted to leave early anyway and I went to the bathroom.  When I came back she was in bed, covered up.  I asked what did you say to get her to lay down and he said he just picked her up and put her in bed and she was OK.  Mark prepared to leave and I was dreading the thought as I assumed it would be a bad day.  Mark left and I let Bridgett sleep as long as possible.  When she finally woke up she was not in that same mood--thank goodness. She didn't want to eat anything, but she did agree to drink a Boost for breakfast after Tyler said that he'd race her (he drank chocolate milk).  She napped and then we went to Jenn's for a massage.  She had a very nice massage and did really well. We tried to get her to race Connor again and she started to but he drank his whole cupful and she had only finished about 1/5 of hers and she was done.  Afterwards she napped at Jenn's house and then woke up and asked to go to Tyler's house (ours!) and sleep there.  I took her home and she slept again.  When she woke up she had some chicken broth.  I had gone to the store and got some "magic straws" for us too.  She didn't want to eat the soup, but did drink it from a straw.  Then she sat around and visited with us.  There was a band playing outside in the courtyard and she wanted to walk out to the landing and see them with Arrianne and Stephany.  When they got out there she wanted to walk for a bit and so they did.  Afterwards they came in and sang camp songs and did hand games.  Bridgett told me her stomach hurt and I once again explained that her stomach was complaining because she isn't eating enough to keep it happy.  She agreed to have some toast.  I cut off the crusts and cut the toast into little pieces for her.  She ate them with a fork and finished all of one half.  She can't bite into the toast (or anything) easily because of her teeth, so she eats toast with a fork.  She was very smiley and happy all evening and took her pills willingly.  When she went to bed the kids came in and visited with her (like they usually do at night).  Everyone was laughing, teasing and having a good time.  Finally I kicked them all out--like 45 minutes later--and said that Bridgett needed to sleep.  It was such a nice evening and a much happier ending than the start of the day.  We needed a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment