Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Third year Day 10 - Monday December 23, 2013

Today is the anniversary of dad's death.  Of course, I think about him all of the time, not just today, but today I am particularly mindful of mom.  It's a hard time of year for anyone who has lost a loved one, let alone at this time.  I told the girls that dad "hurried up" and died late on the 23rd, because he didn't want to die on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and have that be a part of everyone's memory of Christmas.  I sure love my parents and I'm so glad that they are my parents.  I owe so very much to them!  Mom spent time with some of my siblings today and I talked to her twice.  She seemed quite happy both times.  I'm hoping that she doesn't spend lots of the holidays crying this year......
The girls are having a great time together.  We are doing our annual "Christmas time" puzzle.  Actually we did two this year.  First we did a 300 piece puzzle of the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.  That was more fun for Bridgett, as the pieces are bigger and the puzzle overall was pretty fast and easy.  Then we made room for the second more difficult puzzle.  It is a puzzle of the nativity, very beautiful, 1000 pieces and randomly quite difficult.  So many of the pieces are almost the same color!  But we work on it a bit at a time and hope to finish it by New Year's.  We have lots of Christmas traditions and today we made our traditional Christmas sugar cookies and frosted them.  Everyone has fun decorating the cookies shaped as trees, stockings, angels, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment