Sunday, January 12, 2014

Third year Day 12 - Wednesday December 25, 2013

I love Christmas!  We all love Christmas!  Now that the kids are older, we don't get up early (Mark says yippee)!  I was up at 6:30 and started cooking breakfast about 7:00 .  I told the girls that if Bridgett gets up, she could come up and help me cook even though we don't usually let any of the kids up until Mark gives the OK........on Christmas Day, the kids wait and come upstairs together, and Mark meets them at the head of the stairs.  So, last night we decided that we could hold out until 8:00 before coming up. By the time everyone was awake and ready to come up, I had breakfast under control, and Bridgett and Arrianne had helped set the table etc and had gone back downstairs to wait for Mark.  Mark got the living room lights on, including the tree and let everyone up.  It was fun to all sit around and open presents together.  We had our traditional strawberry waffles along with bacon and sausage.  Of course, we had meal modifications like always.  No meat for Arrianne and me.  Gluten free waffles for the girls and me.  Vegan whipped cream and egg nog for those who are dairy free, Bridgett, Arrianne and me. We all so much enjoy being together and had a wonderful and relaxing day.  We also had a wonderful time calling Scott's and Jenn's families and talking to them about their Christmas, as well as singing and talking to my mom. Unfortunately we were all napping and missed talking to Mark's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment