Thursday, January 23, 2014

Third year Day 29 - Saturday January 11, 2014

Today is Mark's birthday, as well as Bridgett's party.  Bridgett woke up feeling fine, so I didn't give her any pain reliever.  She went with me to get some helium balloons for the party.  I wanted to get some balloons that said something like celebrate or something along that line, but even Zurkers, the party store, didn't have any!! So, Bridgett picked out a rainbow of colors, and then a couple of zebra striped balloons to round it all out.  Then, 45 minutes before the party started, her neck suddenly started hurting.  I  quickly gave her some pain reliever, but it didn't kick in before the party started.  Darn!  But, she was a trooper and did just fine anyway.  Mark headed to Mimi's first, to meet anyone who came early.  We got there about five minutes early, at 10:55. We had a really good turnout and it was so much fun!  Bridgett had a blast for sure.  She did walk around a lot at first, as she couldn't be comfortable sitting.  But, she was in her glory, talking to everyone and getting lots of hugs (careful hugs for her neck).  People brought her cards and some presents.  I welcomed everyone out and said a few things, including thanking everyone for sitting at the hospital with us two years ago.  It was so great to be surrounded by family!  Of course, we were also lucky that my brothers are so funny; they really helped lighten things up for us at a time when we really needed that.  Bridgett had asked me weeks ago if she could give a speech at her party.  She said she would just say what she wanted to say, and not write it out:)  So, after I spoke I introduced her by saying this......from time to time Bridgett asks me if ALL of her family know how much she loves them.  I tell her that I'm sure that they do, but today she could tell everyone, so they could hear it from her mouth.  She stood up and started talking and it was so cute!  She's always been comfortable in front of people and this was no exception!  She thanked everyone and told them how much she loved them.  Then Mark said a few words, and reminded everyone to love their kids and hold them close.  We had a few quick tears and mostly just laughed and visited with each other.  The food was good, the company was great!  I'm so glad that we decided to do this.  Afterwards Bridgett said that we should celebrate every month!! Hah!  I told her that we would plan on celebrating every year, and that would probably have to do.  She said OK and I'm sure she'll hold us to that!  Thanks everyone for coming!   

No comments:

Post a Comment