Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 125 - Tuesday April 17, 2012

Today was a good day.  We went to Jenn's house so that Bridgett could have some acupressure work done.  So, Jenn said that every one's chi is messed up to some degree, but that she could hardly feel any energy movement at all on Bridgett.  She was specifically working on her bladder meridian.  I said so what do we need to do about that and she said unblock it!  Bridgett did a good job of relaxing and let Jenn work on her.  I told Jenn that we need to actually schedule appointments with her or otherwise life gets in the way so we scheduled to see her again for acupressure on Friday.  I am also thinking about other ways to get chi moving.  Jenn said that exercise helps chi to move so walking is good--we do this at rehab plus even when we don't "go walking" she gets lots of walking and getting up and down going to the bathroom!  I started writing down every time she goes...nineteen times between 5:43 pm and 9:18 pm.  I am going to keep a 24 hour record to give to the doctor.  Speaking of doctors...Dr. Speed's office called this morning and said that her culture from the 6th did grow out bacteria but not at a high level.  They said that Dr. Speed wants her on bactrim.  I reminded them that she is already on amoxicillin for her teeth which I had told them the day before.  They said to finish that and then do the bactrim.  She will finish the first antibiotic on Thursday so Friday we will start the second one.  I also talked to the dentists office today.  They received the actual pictures of Bridgett's teeth from the orthodontist (thanks Dr. Stebbins!!! you are great!!) and sent them to Pat who is making her crowns.  We will meet with him on Friday morning to make sure that the crowns will fit...remember there is that issue that since they did not put temporaries on her teeth might have moved.  We will also discuss the coloring of the crowns.  Bridgett always wanted to bleach her teeth and the crowns will not bleach out so Mark and I decided to have them do those teeth a little whiter and then she can bleach the others to match.  I have been busy sorting and categorizing all the many receipts that we have accumulated so far.  We have set up a special needs trust and I got a "company" set up in QuickBooks to keep track of all expenditures.  You can't believe all the Explanation of Benefits we have received from the insurance company so far...pages and pages like over 80 a week.  Then all of these have to be reconciled against the actual bills to make sure that everything is correct.  Anyway it is a daunting task but forward we go.  I downloaded Alice in Wonderland onto the ipad and in the afternoon we did some reading.  It is frustrating trying to guide Bridgett without accidentally touching the screen but I put a piece of paper on the screen and that helped some.  Kasey had suggested a piece of plastic and that would be much better I'm sure.  It's still quite the juggling act--holding the ipad and pointing without touching the screen and trying to stay at the right distance for Bridgett to be able to read.  I think we will try sitting at the table tomorrow.  I am still contemplating getting a Kindle as well. In the evening Aunt Debbi stopped by.  We showed her the ipad games that Bridgett is working on and did some of them while she was there.  After family prayer one of the kids--maybe Tyler-- asked her if she remembered this scripture....D&C 82:10 and she quoted it perfectly.  Of course, those are like the lead in words for a scripture.  She had already done the Articles of Faith since Tyler missed hearing her as he was gone to Billings.  Little by little I guess we can retrieve information! Oh, I also left a message with the Moran Eye Clinic about Bridgett's left eye hurting all of the time.  She closes it most of the time and says it hurts.  One of the first days that she did this Tyler asked her why she was closing it and she said because she is blind in that eye.  I said what!  Then I said can you see light and she said yes.  Is everything just really blurry and she said yes.  I don't know if something has changed with the eye or if the brain is just getting better and acknowledging that there is a real discrepancy in her vision between eyes.  I talked to Kasey about it last week and he said to give Dr. Warner a call at the Moran to see what she thought.  Maybe they need to see her again before we leave to Montana.  Anyway hopefully I will hear back from them soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment