Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 128 - Friday April 20, 2012

We went to the office where they are making Bridgett's crowns today for a last minute color matching and check for fit.  Everything looks good and the crowns will be ready Monday afternoon.  They will set the crowns on Tuesday morning and what a good day that will be!  Afterwards we stopped for a very short visit with Jenn and then headed to Dr. Roberts office.  Our appointment there went well.  One thing I found out--Bridgett is always having so much neck pain, shoulder pain and so many headaches.  Today she was hurting pretty badly before we got to Dr. Roberts.  He is also a chiropractor although that is not what we are seeing him for.  He took a minute to do some releasing on Bridgett's traps and her headache went almost completely away.  I told him that the rehab guy keeps telling me that she doesn't have tension and he sees no reason for pain and Dr. Roberts raised his eyebrows.  There's lots of tension and I'm sure pain to go with it he said; this is not just because of the brain signals having a problem.  He said you've got to get this worked on.  I told him we have an appointment for craniosacral on Saturday and then massage next Friday.  He thinks these things will definitely help.  As an update to yesterday with Bridgett remembering the speech therapists name--today I asked in the morning and in the late afternoon--what is your speech therapists name?  She couldn't remember so I said it starts with an "L" and she said LeAnn right off!  That's improved short term memory!  Also I asked for the physical therapists name and said it starts with an "S" and she said Shane?  It's great to see this progress!!  During the afternoon my mom came by with my older brother Frank who was here for his daughter's graduation.  I was so happy that Frank took time out of his schedule to stop by (he lives in Vegas).  Bridgett visited for a bit and then went to the bedroom for a nap.  We all had a very good time and it was a very relaxing for me.  He's only in town for two days so I was happy he could spend so much time with me.  In the evening I asked Bridgett do you recognize these names:  Jackson, Jaiden, and Justus?  She said they are my cousins aren't they?  This is the first time she's remembered anyone from the extended family and just by talking about them.  I said who are their parents and she said Dave and Danni.  Later I said do you remember these names: Aaron, Michael, Heather, Ashley and Emily.  She said they are my cousins too aren't they.  I said who are their parents and she said Aunt Susie and Uncle Sayre (Sayre is their last name, it's actually Uncle Scott, but perhaps in her mind with a brother Scott this is the differentiation).  Anyway, it was very exciting.  Later I tried doing some more relatives, but by that time Bridgett was tired.  Tomorrow we'll try again.  It's great to see daily progress in her memory.  BTW Bridgett read with the Kindle twice today, for about 5 minutes each time.  Tomorrow we will try for more reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment