Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 132 - Tuesday April 24, 2012

This morning we went to the dentist to get Bridgett's crowns placed.  They were a little slow getting us back into the chair although onece we got back there the dentist placed the crowns pretty rapidly.  I was sitting down by the end of the chair and anxiously asked if they fit OK.  He said they were just fine.  He said that Pat had mentioned to me that they might move but that he (the dentist) did not think it likely since the teeth have been like this for so long.  It's actually been 19 weeks since the wreck tomorrow.  Bridgett's reaction was......it seems like there's a lot of teeth in my mouth!  I said yes it probably seems weird since you haven't had teeth there for so long.  I leaned up and looked as best as I could from where I was and with Bridgett laying back.  I said it just looks different seeing teeth there I guess.  We are used to how it's been now.  When they were all done and sat her up and she smiled I immediately thought--somethings wrong with these teeth but I couldn't decide what.  I said to the dentist--doesn't it look like one tooth is longer or something.  He looked uncomfortable to me and said well go home and see what you think and if I need to make an adjustment later I will.  I didn't want to say anything really in front of Bridgett because I don't want that to be what she remembers first--something about how we don't like her teeth. We came home and I was already upset.  When the kids saw her they were all upset too.  I couldn't get a hold of Mark and finally had to leave for Bridgett's craniosacral appointment.  Off we went and I tried to relax so that Bridgett would be relaxed too.  BTW we didn't discuss any of this in front of her.  I want her to feel really good about how things are.  Craniosacral went awesome.  I am so thankful we found Josh.  He totally came in just to meet us and left immediately afterwards for another appointment.  He came into Provo so that it would be easier for Bridgett.  Anyway, things went great there and then we went to Jenn's house to let her see Bridgett's teeth.  Jenn's opinion--they look great, just not like Bridgett's teeth used to look.  Really that is how I felt when I saw them--they just don't look like they used to.  We had Bridgett's orthodontist send up actual photos to  match the teeth exactly or as close as they could, so I felt very frustrated.  In the end Mark called and talked to them and they said there's nothing that can be done.  The only way to get them off is to cut them off and that would be very traumatic and might completely compromise the teeth.  So--we will all just have to adjust.  Tyler said later that we'll all probably get used to them and they'll be fine and I think he's right.  It just that we all want Bridgett to look the same and so that's upsettting.  Anyway, just another bump in the road I guess.  In the evening I went and got Costa Vida for some of us, including pork nachos for Bridgett because she used to love those.  When I got home she very happily ate them while we all listened to music on her ipod.  After a while she started singing along and I got some video of that.  Then she got off the stool and started dancing to the music along with Steph and Arri.  After quite a while they graduated to the hallway by the bathroom sinks and mirrors where Bridgett said she could see herself.  They danced and sang for over an hour altogether!  Bridgett hasn't had this kind of energy for a long time!  It was so good to see her acting like herself and dancing and making hand signs etc.  I called Mark and let him hear her sing and then I called Jenn and let her hear Bridgett because she says she always misses cool times.  I explained that there's been nothing much to miss for a long time, probably since she passed out and fell.  I am so excited about this craniosacral stuff!  Bridgett was up until 11:00 and finally everyone quieted down for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment