Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 135 - Friday April 27, 2012

Another great day.  We went to see Dr. Roberts first today.  Since he is seeing Bridgett weekly he can really see a difference every week and boy does he see a difference!  Afterwards we saw Cameo a massage therapist that worked on Bridgett's neck and shoulder.  She said she can usually get to the bottom of the pain issue with neck and shoulders in two appointments!!  Amazing! She said that light traction would help Bridgett and explained what needs to be done--on an inversion table.  She worked on Bridgett and then we set up for another session on Tuesday.  Bridgett's trach scar has been hurting lately so I asked her about that.  She used to work in the medical field.  She asked me what kind of surgeon closed the trach hole--and I said no one closed it--they just had her cough to pop it out and put gauze on it. She rolled her eyes and said that a plastic surgeon or another surgeon should have closed it.  Now there's an adhesion and that's why its hurting.  So, she lightly massaged it and showed me what to do daily on it.  She said in three weeks or so that it will quit catching and things will be much better!  Also, she said that for a year Bridgett should put SPF 50 on any scars when outside--hourly.  You'd think that someone would have mentioned that to us!  Anyway, we are finding out now so that the important thing.  Afterwards we hurried back to visit with Aunt Debbi and Grandma Noland.  They played cards with Bridgett and then I ran to the pharmacy and they left before I returned.  We had a quiet evening.  Bridgett is now asking for water to drink...I finally got her off of drinking gatorade all the time which is great!  She is changing in the way she wants to eat so that is exciting as well.  I think she is slowly remembering how she eat before and that's great!  I forgot about something that happened at massage therapy on Thursday.  I was out of the room for a short time and LeAnn was talking to Bridgett and mostly telling her stuff about her wreck.  Bridgett said that sounds very sad.  Then she said if I got hurt this much I hope the driver of the truck is OK.   I wouldn't want him to hurt like I do.  She's such a sweet girl!  LeAnn said she almost started to cry.  Then of course she told me and we both almost started to cry.

1 comment:

  1. We love you all so much!!!! Bridgett really is an amazing girl! We were sorry to miss saying goodbye to you, Kathy, but didn't want to overstay our welcome after 2 hours--and Tyler had gotten back. We had so much fun playing with Bridgett-- and Arrianne and Stephany when they joined us, too, although Bridgett won most of the games. :) We really do love you all so much!!!! I'll miss you tons when you head back to Montana, but of course I'm so happy you'll get to go home. You are amazing, Kathy--truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete