Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 57 - Thursday February 9, 2012

So I called around to get Bridgett's glasses and everywhere I called they said it would take 1-2 weeks.  Then I called Pearle Vision.  They said 3-4 days.  I took Bridgett in and went in ahead of her and plead my case.  I explained about Bridgett's accident and how important it was for her to get in glasses right away.  I asked if there was anyway that they could rush them and have them in time for therapy on Monday.  So, he told me he would rush them and have them by tomorrow afternoon!  YES!  It was hard to pick out frames since Bridgett isn't really able to pick what she might really like, and she can't really see good enough to really tell.  But, we tried out a bunch of frames and narrowed it to three.  No matter what order we went in, she picked the same pair every time.  I like them.  They are cute.  It's hard to picture what they will look like when her hair grows back.  But, in any case, the important thing is that we have the glasses and later on she can decide to get new frames if she chooses.  We are getting situated in the apartment and into a routine and everything is going very well.  Bridgett is sleeping good and eating better then she had been the last week in the hospital.  She remains very fun and happy and daily we can see small improvements.  I just can't wait for the glasses!  I got an appointment for her to get a panoramic at the dentist on Tuesday.  Then they will be able to see exactly what is going on in her mouth. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say once again, Kathy, how amazing you are to be such an advocate for Bridgett! I know you're thinking--"What else would I do--of course I'll do all I can!" It's just that so many would not and I know I'm so proud of you and grateful that you and Mark are my brother and sister. I know Bridgett is inside--and will be later--so grateful when she learns about all you've both (ALL) been doing for her, as we all truly are so glad she's in your excellent care and supervision! :) What an awesome mom you are-and dad and siblings, too! Hang in there, as you have, when it's the roughest times, and know how much you, too, are in our prayers. We love you all so much!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete