Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 65 - Friday February 17, 2012

Today was kind of a quiet day (thank goodness).  We had some morning visitors--Aunt Susie and Heather and her baby.  Bridgett got a kick out of seeing cute baby, Ellie.  Afterwards, I changed the peg dressing and it was completely closed and looking great.  Getting that tape off was a challenge and very painful to Bridgett.  I don't know why they use that bad tape to tape dressings.  I did have one little packet of an adhesive removing pad and I used that.  There was so much tape it was worn out before we were done, but I used alcohol pads then.  Not great, but better than nothing.  Mark held Bridgett's hands and had her squeeze while I did the tape thing.  Her peg looks great, but the area covered with tape looks yucky!  Oh well.  At least it's done!  I was going to just use a bandaid but Mark said let's put on a little gauze for one more day so I used two bandaids to stick the gauze on.  Later on that afternoon we saw Uncle Jon and Aunt Shana.  Otherwise, it was quiet and we just tried to push fluids and let Bridgett rest up a little from the long week.  In the evening Arrianne and I went to an opera, La traviata, in Provo.  She had two of the teachers from UVU as lead singers plus one of her friends performing.  It was my second time to get away for a couple of hours (both times to the opera) and it was relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment