Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 74 - Sunday February 26, 2012

Bridgett's bad headache continued through the day.  I finally went and got the prescriptions filled for the Vicodin and Zofran.  However, after I got them and paid, the pharmacist told me that the Vicodin would really cause nausea and dizziness and she already has both!  How does that help I wonder! The Vicodin only has a little more acetaminophin in it than the Tylenol plus the codeine--which is what makes you sick.  The Zofran has to be given at least an hour prior to the Vicodin in order to help with the nausea.  It was already time for Bridgett to have Tylenol and I decided just to give that to her again.  We will have the other stuff on hand if needed.  Luckily they didn't cost too much.  While there I got some Boost high protein for Bridgett.  When she was on the feeding tube they had her on the high protein, high calorie type.  When she was off the feeding tube, they had her drinking a Carnation Instant Breakfast with every meal.  When we left to come home they said she just needed a regular diet.  However, it seems she is losing weight still and she seems very weak after this whole episode.  So, I got the Boost and started giving that to her, at least until I can talk to the doctor.  I will call the Dr. Hafen (primary care physician) and see what he has to say.  I don't know if she's up to the drive there yet or not--he's in American Fork.  But, at least I will talk to him and see what he thinks.  Bridgett had a couple of visitors in the evening.  Jenn stopped by for about an hour and Jamie stopped by for about an hour and a half.  Bridgett was feeling a little better by then and also--she always feels better when she has people around!  She was happy and feeling a chatty.  She hummed a little before they showed up, after she heard they were coming.  It was cute.  Before everyone left, she got tired and laid down while visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment