Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 204 - Thursday July 5, 2012

Every day Bridgett talks about her wreck and what happened.  It seems that more and more she is really processing the whole thing.  Today we got to the point where she said does that guy know that I'm mad that he hit me?  I said well he doesn't KNOW because we haven't talked to him but I bet he probably guesses you are upset about it.  For quite a while now when Bridgett goes on a walk down the driveway she has been jogging some part of it.  A few days ago she showed me how she swims, with strokes and breathing.  Today she told me that she wants to start training for a triathlon again.  I said OK but we have to find some way for you to be safe while you are riding your bike.  I said that when we meet with the PT guy on Monday and he asks what your goals are you can tell him what you want to do.  We'll see how that all works out.  I really have no desire for her to get on a bike again at all, but we'll see.  I think I forgot to post this but if I did already then sorry--a while back when Bridgett and I were on a walk we were talking about summer plans.  I mentioned that we would be going back to Utah at the end of August so that Arrianne could get back to school and we would be seeing doctors for Bridgett.  She said to me I think I'll be ready by then to go back.  I said go back?  And she said yes to go back to school.  OK I said.  Of course, she won't be ready to move back and live by herself by any means but maybe she can take a non-credit class with me and we'll see how that goes.  Then the following semester we can talk about going back to school.  When we got inside (and while Bridgett was still by me) I told Mark that Bridgett wanted to go back to school. He asked her what she wanted to study and she said that she was still thinking about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment