Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 209 - Tuesday July 10, 2012

Linda Grinde (Brain Gym) recommended that I read a book called My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D. It was very interesting reading and gave me a lot to think about. Jill, a brain scientist, had a stroke herself and recovered with the help of her mother.  Today Bridgett had acupuncture with Sara Marie.  Arrianne took her there because I had to be at another appointment with Tyler.  I said to Bridgett before they left--what are you supposed to take with you and she said my planner.  That's right!  She's supposed to take it everywhere so she can keep on track about things.  Anyway after the appointment Arrianne told me that Bridgett went right over to the schedule desk and sat down and said she needed another appointment.  The gal said when do you want to come and Bridgett said how about on the 24th in two weeks.  The gal said fine--do you want morning or afternoon and Bridgett said it doesn't matter.   Arrianne then pointed to the bottom of that day which said family reunion (but didn't say anything) and so Bridgett said oh I guess it needs to be morning.  The gal said 11:30 and Bridgett said OK and wrote it down--wow!  Arrianne said it was just--well--like normal!!  Cool!  Little things are way exciting to us!  This evening Bridgett did a lot of walking when it cooled down a little.  It's been so hot here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment