Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 214 - Sunday July 15, 2012

Today Bridgett went to church with Mark and Arrianne because Tyler was at drill and Stephany and I were sick. I just wanted to comment that whenever we go places people are very nice and understanding about Bridgett's injury and I never feel that judgmental feeling I felt at the rehab, thank goodness for that.  I do think that most people are unsure what to say to either Bridgett or to us and so they don't usually say much of anything.  Some people do try to talk to Bridgett; fewer talk to me.  I'm sure that it is hard to know what to say but I learned a long time ago it is better to just give people a hug and tell them you love them or that you are thinking and praying for them than to just ignore the situation.  I talked to Penny and she said that she has the same thing has happened to her--no one talks to her or to Courtney really.  On another note...hopefully Stephany and I will get over this cold we have very soon so that we can all enjoy the good weather and the summer together--only five weeks until we take Arrianne back to Utah and that will be very hard on all of us.  I don't think that most people really realize the impact this has had on the entire family.  We were already very close as a family but this has drawn us even closer and it is hard for any of us to not be with Bridgett as much as possible right now.  This has been a very interesting and wonderful week for us as Bridgett has started to remember some very spiritual experiences she had while in a coma.  At some point I am sure that Bridgett will discuss these experiences with others but for now they are very sacred and I am not ready to post them to the world but I do testify that Heavenly Father knows each of us individually, that heaven is very close to us and miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment