Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 220 - Saturday July 21, 2012

I sent an email early yesterday morning to Chare (that's how she spells it!) and another to the manager at the Summit expressing my feelings about the whole therapy sessions there.  It was kind of weird because the response I got surprised me--nothing from Chare or the manager but a call and an email from Denise.  She was very gracious and offered to hook me up with other therapists for OT and ST so is good.  I will give her a call on Monday and talk to her.  If I just didn't have to meet her at the Summit is wouldn't be bad to still meet with her.  We'll talk and try to figure it out.  Arrianne and I spent hours trying to figure out more of the bills from the accident.  It is really a nightmare partially because Bridgett was on our insurance at first and then moved to her own policy.  So many of the claims got submitted to the wrong insurance or to just one policy instead of both or whatever and had to be re-run again and still are getting reprocessed.  I finally told the insurance agent that we couldn't even pay our $5,000 deductible for this year because we can't figure out what processed to the deductible.  She has been putting together a spreadsheet of the claims that processed correctly and after two weeks finally emailed it to me late yesterday afternoon.  We spent the morning trying to get things to match up--there are stacks and stacks of bills and explanation of benefits (EOB's) to go through.  Anyway, out of everything I finally wrote three checks--that's it.  That's all that we could work out.  Many of the small deductible claims were to people who still haven't sent us a bill!  We can't pay those!!  Oh, well, we'll worry about it again another day!!  There are many from 2011 that we are going to dispute as well.  Our insurance was supposed to be paying 100% because we had met the deductible.  But since it was out of network there are many uncovered charges.  But supposedly since it was an accident they should cover it as in network.  Brother--what a mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment