Thursday, August 1, 2013

Second year Day 224 - Thursday July 25, 2013

Today I was up before everyone (like normal!).  I talked to Mark (outside of the room) and found out that Jake died during the night.  I was upset and cried a lot.  I felt silly to cry so much, but there was just a lot of pent up emotion that needed to come out I guess.  I still have a lot of emotion about Jess dying as well I think.  Anyway, I also talked to Tyler about the whole thing.  I said that I felt a little guilty that I didn't want to be there when he died, but he said it was best anyway.  It's hard to see your pet like that.  Mark stayed home this morning and made a coffin for Jake.  They will bury him next to Jess.  I told the girls about it and said that we'd have a funeral when we get home.  Stephany cried with me.  Bridgett was very sad and did some fake crying, but nothing too much.  She kept saying that now Jess and Jake would be together.  That's how I'm trying to think of it! As a note....several people that have someone with a brain injury have asked me about Bridgett showing emotion.  She very rarely gets angry.  She laughs a lot.  She doesn't cry really, but then she hardly ever, ever cried before the wreck either.  She looks sad when she's sad and talks upset, but no real tears.  Oh, I'm compiling a list of questions for the eye doctor as well as for Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment