Saturday, August 10, 2013

Second year Day 234 - Sunday August 4, 2013

We made preparations for church yesterday and then when I got up today and we started getting ready I remembered what the date is.  This is one of those BIG Sundays in Bigfork, when we have LOTS of people.  On the first Sunday of July and August we have had as many as 1300 people.  CRAZY!  So, we did go to church, but all the way there I stressed about where we would park.  The parking lots will be full and car were parked on the streets everywhere around.  I can't park far away from the building and have Bridgett walk in heels a long way.  Her balance in heels is not wonderful.  Anyway, when we drove up I pulled up between the handicapped parking places, on the ramp to let the girls off.  We were about two minutes late.  I suddenly thought, why can't I just leave the car here and then ask Mark to move it.  Or actually, with all the people lining the hallways, as soon as Bridgett is uncomfortable we'll have to leave anyway.  Since she walks around when she's in pain and the hallways will be packed, there will be no good place to walk.  So, anyway I left the car there and we went into sacrament.  After the sacrament had been passed, which took until 10:45, Bridgett looked at me and I could tell she just didn't feel well.  I told Mark we were going to leave and we got up and went out.  Luckily, he followed us, even though I didn't realize it at first.  We got to the end of the hallway, at the other end of the church, and went outside.  Right by the railing she suddenly had that look like she was going to pass out.  I grabbed her and Mark saw it happening and grabbed her too.  We helped her to the car, just a few feet away.  When we got home, Tyler helped her out of the car and into the house and she just laid down for quite a while.  Later on she felt better and the rest of the day was fine.  It's just so hard to predict when it will happen.  Of course, we don't leave her alone at all because of that.  We can't worry that she'll pass out and hit her head and get another concussion like she did last February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment