Monday, August 19, 2013

Second year Day 240 - Saturday August 10, 2013

Arrianne sent me a text during the night and she was sick and vomiting.  I woke up Mark and we got dressed and headed over to her place, stopping on the way for some Gatorade, ginger ale and crackers.  I got to Arri's apartment and found her on the floor in the bathroom, feeling miserable.  We helped her back into bed and Mark gave her a blessing.  Afterwards, Mark left me there to spend the night with Arri and he went back with the girls.  It was a very, very long night.  Arrianne threw up a total of 14 times!  Poor thing!  I finally remembered that I had some Zofran in the car, and took her car and headed over to the hotel and got the last one.  I gave her that at 6:00 and she went for about 1-1/2 hours before throwing up again.  In the meantime I was able to reach our doctor and got another prescription and gave her some more.  She finally stopped vomiting about 11:00, although she was still miserable and unable to keep anything down.  During the afternoon, we tried to concentrate on getting her re hydrated, because she was determined to perform in the opera.  At 5:00, she still hadn't been able to eat anything but one saltine cracker, and she hadn't been out of bed since she stopped vomiting.  She said--I'm going to do this and made herself get up and start getting ready.  I made her some hot rice cereal and she kept drinking and eating the cereal while she put on make-up and did her hair. From time to time she tried out her voice and since she was able to make sound, she kept it up.  At 6:15 I dropped her off and by golly, she performed at 7:30!!  She did a great job!  I was holding my breath every minute until she showed up on stage, but she did it!!  Of course, I'm sure that she would have done better if she hadn't got sick, but her voice was every bit as loud as everyone else's and she was on key and sang clear and beautifully!  It was amazing!  Also amazing---Bridgett sat through the entire thing!  It lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes and she stayed sitting down the entire time.  She had her ipod with headphones and listened to her music and then pressed pause whenever Arri was on stage.  Afterwards I asked her how she like the opera and she said--it was SOO good!  All in all it was an amazing night!  Oh--Steph, Westy and Mark did get to go to the aquarium and had a great time in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment