Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 295 - Thursday October 4, 2012

Today we finally had to pack up and leave for home.  It has been a kind of crazy trip really.  I saw Jenn only twice this trip, my mom and sister once, and Arrianne I saw at least once a day, but often while she was studying or just becasue she slept at the hotel.  We didn't get to see any of my brothers or Mark's sister at all but hopefully next trip down we will have a little more time.  Making two trips to Monroe broke up the week quite a bit.  Also it was hard to see people because Stephany still felt so miserable (although she is not contagious).  Driving to Monroe takes 2 to 2-1/2 hours each way plus the 1-1/2 hour appointment in between.  With bathroom breaks and stopping to grab a bite to eat, it's a long day!  That's another reason why I waited an extra day to come home; I didn't relish the idea of the long day Tuesday followed by another long day driving back to Montana.  I had hoped to get a nap Wednesday and I did--for 30 minutes; I was definitely hoping for longer than that!  Anyway, we were able to get out of town by 10:00 a.m. and the trip actually went pretty well.  We only had to stop three times although I was exhausted and had to pull over at Pocatello and have Tyler drive.  He ended up driving the rest of the way home so actually that was nice.  I always drive unless Mark is with us and then he drives so this is the first time one of the kids has driven.  Of course Tyler is so experienced that I felt entirely comfortable taking a nap which I did.  Bridgett's neck pain stayed low for the entire trip, only getting to a 2 after many hours on the road.  I then gave her the Lortab and muscle relaxant and we were fine after that.  We got home between 8:30 and 9:00 sometime so we made good time.  Stephany was not very comfortable on the trip but at least the trip was bearable for her as well.  We were all glad to get home and get back to our own beds etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment