Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 300 - Tuesday October 9, 2012

This seems like a good place to stop and report progress on recovery for Bridgett.  By the way I started this blog recording things by the day.  When we reach a year if I am still blogging I will switch to just putting the date, in case anyone was wondering!
  • Neck: pain doing better all of the time!
  • Hormones: doctors don't know what to think.  They label her symptoms idiopathic at this point.  We'll just keep on addressing the issues from a natural healing perspective I guess.
  • Eyes: still having trouble moving to the outside with both eyes.  Left eye still prone to "wandering" towards the middle.  Eyesight  fluctuates; the day they tested they considered her vision in the normal range.  Other times she has trouble seeing from any distance.  For example, yesterday we were walking in the driveway.  Mark has HUGE political signs in the back of the truck.  Bridgett was unable to read the huge lettering until we were within about 15 feet of the truck.
  • Memory:  Bridgett is spontaneously remembering things I am surprised about.  For example I was naming people from Kalispell that we know from church.  I named several people and she was able to fill in the name of another family member that I hadn't named.  She even remember the names of Ligia (spelling?) and Joe Hardy's boys and they were people that we knew but didn't hang around with and weren't in our ward.  Interesting what the mind remembers--kind of like she remembers unusual things.....hum.  Then if I ask her basic questions about her own childhood she is blank still. I asked about her baptism and she doesn't remember anything about it.  The only story she remembers from her childhood is an unusual one that Mark reminded her about.   She does remember things that I have put in her personal reference book that she reads or I read to her.  So, she remembers recent things better than past things....hum.  She is getting pretty good about staying on track with the day of the week and the date.  She is very conscientious of time and wears her watch without prompting and refers to it often.
  • Still having heart pain and erratic heart rate

No comments:

Post a Comment