Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 306 - Monday October 15, 2012

Today Bridgett remember something from long term memory--Edmonton Mall!  She remembers taking a trip there as a family (actually we've gone twice) although she couldn't really remember much about the mall.  This is what I think sometimes--it seems that she remembers the essence of things but not the details.  I know I have talked about her long term memory problems before.  Months ago I said that it seemed that her only long term memory would be what we remind her of either in stories or written in her personal reference book that I made for her--it's like we are re-creating her long term memory.  The personal reference book has a lot of information in it but just imagine trying to put everything in it to remind someone of their entire past--unfathomable!  I have like 18 pages of information and I try to add more all of the time but it's hard to know what to put on these pages.  I have a page for each of the following: Bridgett's siblings, childhood memories, schools attended, jobs she's had, cars she's driven, sports she's played, a family tree for Mark's family and my family, etc.  I used to have a bunch of pictures (initially) and then we found out that she couldn't see the pictures to identify anything anyway.  Now she can see the pictures, but she remembers the people so they aren't so necessary and I just have written info.  I guess it will always be a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment