Thursday, June 6, 2013

Second year Day 171 - Sunday June 2, 2013

What a day!  I got up early and said we'd see how Bridgett was doing before deciding to leave today or not.  She was doing surprisingly well so I woke up Arrianne.  She was NOT doing well (having terrible cramps) and I could see that we wouldn't be leaving any time soon.  I let her rest for a while and in a few hours when she was doing better, I woke up Stephany and she was NOT doing well either.  Then Bridgett's neck started to hurt.  Everyone took pain reliever and rested and about 12:00 suddenly we had a window when everyone was OK, and I ran to Jenn's to say goodbye and drop some little dinosaur shirts off to the boys.  The girls had packed up by time I got back and so we checked out and headed to Salt Lake (by way of the health food store for homeopathics and Panda for some food to eat in the car!).  I wanted to stop in Salt Lake at the cemetery and put flowers on dad's grave.  It was a hard thing to fit in, but I was so glad that I took the time.  We had a very quiet and wonderful time at the cemetery and I only cried for a while (which I needed to do).  We left some very beautiful pink roses on dad's grave, as well as one for Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Tom and Aunt Mary.  Then, we hit the road about 2:00.  We drove as far as Butte and then I decided to stay the night there as I was really tired.  I don't drive the Swan Highway at night anyway, so thought we'd just sleep and get up in the morning and leave.  Oh....one reason to push to leave today.....I remembered that my temporary license expired today!  I was hoping to make it home before I got pulled over.  I will cross my fingers for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment