Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Second year Day 187 - Tuesday June 18, 2013

Out of the blue Bridgett said to me today...when I had my ovary removed didn't I stay with Aunt Debbie after I left the hospital and she played games with me all the time?  It's so fun for me when she remembers things that I haven't reminded her specifically about.  I mean, really, we have been recreating her memory for quite some time.  I try to remember things and write them down and then record them for her to listen to.  We go over and over them and finally she remembers them from re-learning them now.  But, slowly she is starting to remember things that I haven't reminded her about.  And I mean really!  Just try to think of everything that has happened in a persons life that you need to remind them about or reteach them!  It's unbelievably impossible!  But I do feel that the effort is completely worth it.  I remember hearing about a 42 year old woman who doesn't remember anything before her accident when she was 16.  Of course, I spoke to her sister and they never tried to reteach her things.  And, whenever they discuss the past the injured sister just gets mad at them and tells them to stop talking about things she doesn't remember.  So, I think this is a good way that we are doing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment