Saturday, June 15, 2013

Second year Day 181 - Wednesday June 12, 2013

Sometimes I type the date and number of days and I can hardly believe where we are in relation to the accident.  546 days since receiving that fateful call on December 14, 2011.  Almost 18 months.  It's been a very long time!  Sometimes I think back to those moments standing/sitting in the ICU, starring at Bridgett and wondering what would happen. Of course, because of the severity of her injuries, we wondered if she would live or not.  And then when she did live, we wondered if we would ever be where we are now.  Conversely, looking back, once she was on the upward climb we could never have imagined the months that we would spend trying to help her heal.  Even though I said at the time that it might take two years, I don't think I could really imagine how much time that would really be.  Somehow I really hoped that it would be a shorter time and we would have our Bridgett back.  Of course, we love her and we see progress, but it is so much slower than we had all hoped it would be.  But, again, we have faith and hope and we all try so hard, including Bridgett.  We do anything and everything that we can, and then we pray as hard as we can and we hope and pray for miracles! From time to time I have my discouraging days, but mostly I am positive and hopeful. At Stephany's graduation, Brother DeGraff gave a wonderful short talk that really choked me up.  I will tell you more about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment