Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Third year Day 40 - Wednesday January 22, 2014

Another day back home and lots to get done!  I keep the suitcases close, as we use them far too frequently!  But, we have a pretty good routine that's down pat, regarding what to pack etc.  I keep things at home ready for the next trip.  I have a container with "kitchen" stuff in it so we can make things at the hotel.  I have a George Foreman grill and a crockpot that I take, along with spices, etc.  I make steel cut oats in the crockpot for breakfast, complete with maple agave.  I can also make brown rice for me, although I usually make enough at home to last for a while on the trips.  I made sweet potatoes ahead of time this past trip, and we brought those along.  Also, we have a great vegan tapioca pumpkin pudding recipe that I made and brought. We can make chicken or other meat for the girls to eat in the George Foreman grill.  It gets expensive to eat out so much, not to mention that everyone feels kind of yucky without the benefit of home cooked meals.  I have a picnic "basket" with plates and utensils that I take on each trip.  We seem to carry so much stuff with us, but it makes the trip so much easier in the long run. We also carry dish soap, hand soap, shampoo and body wash etc.  We like our brands best.  I keep the hotel shampoo, soap, etc. to give to give away.  We have been collecting these things for quite a while, and we are donating them to the Guest House at the Provo hospital.  They don't provide soap, shampoo etc. but have a box of a few donated items in the laundry room.  Hopefully they will enjoy the large box that I will bring down to them on the next trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment