Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Third year Day 57 - Saturday February 8, 2014

We had a long session with Faith this morning.  After her regular body/brain work, she had Bridgett do different aspects of her program and she had her hands on Bridgett's head, testing her brain during these activities.  She said that a couple of the Lumosity games were too easy for Bridgett now, and her brain was not having to work at these activities any more.  Actually, these were things that her speech therapist had her work on, not Bob.  When Bridgett is reading on the ipad, she suggested changing the font smaller once a week, so that she has to work harder that day.  The dreaded spinning activity that she is really mostly unable to do anyway, is not helping with the vestibular system any way at this point.  Instead of us spinning Bridgett, they are having her spin herself at her own speed.  She is sitting in an office chair and just uses her own feet to very slowly turn around.  She goes super, super slowly.  I haven't been able to see that it could benefit her at all, but we have been doing it daily anyway.  At this point, I think we will just skip it.  All of the rest of her program seems to be working for her.  I just need to be sure to help her so that there is intensity, for a short period of time.  That is what Bob recommends anyway.  After all of this, Bridgett was tired and said let's quit talking about school!  So, in fact, we did!  We checked out and headed back to Provo.  There is a severe winter storm warning in effect for Idaho through Monday at 5 p.m. and also through southern Montana.  I have decided not to leave until that is over.  I talked to someone today whose parents live in Malad.  She said they had a foot of snow over night and more to come tomorrow.  Also, there are supposed to be super low temperatures and high winds.  Crazy to even think of traveling!  So, I will stay in Provo I guess until Tuesday morning, and then hope to be able to make it through.  When I left home, I was planning on going back to Provo Friday, and leaving for home today.  The best laid plans!  Today was Jenn's big moving day.  It was supposed to now and luckily that didn't pan out.  I was going to stop there on the way back from Richfield to Provo, but two of the kids are throwing up, so we had to just skip that and go straight to Provo.  I called Scott and he said that I could see him some time tomorrow.  Bridgett said, let's not talk about it.  I just want to get to the hotel and rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment