Friday, February 21, 2014

Third year Day 52 - Monday February 3, 2014

Bridgett and I dropped Arrianne off at UVU this morning and then went to the Provo Town Center Mall to browse for dresses for Arrianne.  She needs a recital dress for her Junior Recital, but doesn't have a lot of time to look.  We actually found three great dresses and put them on hold for Arri to try on later today.  We were able to get in our daily walking at the mall this way, although all too soon Bridgett was in pain again.  We went straight to the hotel and spent the morning resting, visiting and playing cards.  When it was time to go and pick up Arrianne, Bridgett said she could not go.  She didn't want to get in the car for any reason at all because of her neck pain and was also very tired and wanted to take a nap.  I notice that when her pain in higher, she usually wants to nap.  I had to get Arrianne, since she didn't have a car, but I was reluctant to leave Bridgett alone. I had qualms about leaving her asleep...what if she woke up and was disoriented and no one was there?  She might forget that she had my phone, etc.  She put it in her pocket and I reluctantly left as there was nothing else to do.  I got Arrianne and then we ran to a store that was on the way between UVU and the hotel.  There we were not able to find a dress, so we hurried back to the hotel.  We had been gone over an hour and Bridgett usually only sleeps for an hour.  We had tried texting but she hadn't answered; just before we got there we even tried calling but no answer.  Of course, at that point I was nervous to say the least!  Bridgett has very acute and actually hyper sensitive hearing since the wreck, and the sound of the text coming in should have awakened her and the ring of the phone for sure!  When we got to the room, she was just getting out of bed and said she just woke up.  I asked her if she'd heard the phone and she hadn't.  We checked the ringer and it was on, so I guess she was REALLY asleep!  We visited with her for a bit and played a few games.  Then I said that we needed to run to the mall and look at the dresses.  Again she declined coming and no amount of talking about it would change her mind.  So, again I left her for over an hour to go to the mall and try on dresses.  From time to time we called and checked on her.  Sometimes she forgets that she has the phone, etc. so might become alarmed and not know what to do.  However, she was fine, Arrianne found a dress and everything worked out great.  We even had time to run to the alteration shop close to the hotel and talk to them about alterations.  All in all it was actually a pretty productive day.  Tomorrow is the big appointment and I wanted Bridgett to be well rested and that worked out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment