Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 322 - Wednesday October 31, 2012

Yesterday Bridgett was talking to me and I was trying to get her to remember something from when she was young.  She has not had any "real" memories about her childhood yet, just short term memory of the things I list in her personal reference book.  Anyway, I asked her if she remembered anything about the log house and she said she remembered her bedroom.  So, at this point we went through who stayed in what bedroom and who moved where...to the "pink" room or the "green" room, downstairs etc.  She actually could remember all of that!  Then I asked what was in our yard and she said a trampoline, two swing sets, a basketball court, and a picnic table!  She also mentioned the field with cows and horses.  Then she said my head hurts--can we talk about something else.  This is the most that she has remembered so far about anything from her long term memory!  I was very excited about it!  It is sobering to realize that in six weeks it's been a year since her accident and there is so little long term memory.  However, it is coming back very slowly in small bits and pieces so that is encouraging.  Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment