Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 343 - Wednesday November 21, 2012

I forgot to mention that Tyler got sick early Tuesday morning before we flew out and ended up heading to the bathroom on the airplane to vomit. Then of course the fiasco with Bridgett--what a start to a trip! This morning Tyler was still sick--dizzy and nauseous. We left him in the room and did some girl shopping--thanks Mark for being patient with us. First we hit Toys R Us. We had fun there and got fun pics with the different things there: Wonka, T-Rex, the Barbie house, etc. We were going to do the ferris wheel but everyone baled (except for me) and we skipped it. Actually I have always hated ferris wheels ever since Frank scared me in one when I was little. But I have been psyching myself up for it and I was going to go this time--oh well, maybe later in the trip! We stopped and ate food on the street--it's so cool that we can find vegan food almost anywhere. Arri and I had falafel pitas and Mark and Bridgett had beef kabobs; Stephany had a protein bar just before we left and wasn't hungry. Then we headed out to 5th Ave and went to the American Girl doll store where we got some more fun pics with the girls and some of their dolls. Next we went to Saks and wandered through the purses, hats, scarfs and jewelry with the girls trying on some hats. We went upstairs and gazed at the expensive clothes for a while, joking at the high prices. I think this mostly left the girls deciding that they'd better marry someone rich because they saw some really cool things! Afterwards we headed to the hotel to check on Tyler and bring him some food. We ordered in Chinese from Ollies (on recommendation) and it was really good. I forgot to mention that last night we had some great New York style pizza and everyone loved it. In the evening we headed out to the M&M store, Hershey's, and the Disney Store. Mark and Bridgett went back to the hotel about a half an hour before us and the girls and I headed down Times Square just to see things. There were so many people and it was really fun. We were going to get discount tickets to the Phantom of the Opera, but couldn't get any together. I think Arrianne and I won't mind sitting alone so we might be the only ones that actually go. This weekend will be crazy for everything with so many people in town but we will enjoy ourselves anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment