Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 334 - Monday November 12, 2012

Today while I was cooking dinner Bridgett was sitting at the table working on something.  Suddenly she looked up from her work and said didn't you have breast cancer before?  Yes I did I responded.  She said I thought I remembered that!  I'm so sorry!  That is something that we haven't prompted her on before that she remembered.  Its weird how she remembers random things here and there.  The mind is a very complicated and complex thing, as I have said before.   Later on she said it again and came and gave me a great big hug and said in such an earnest voice..I'm soooo sorry that you had cancer.  It hurts me to see you hurting.  One thing that the speech therapist commented on was that she wanted Bridgett to start feeling sadness, and other negative emotions etc.  Well, spontaneously she has been feeling more emotions lately (besides just happiness and love).  The other day I tripped and fell and hurt my knee.  She came up and hugged me and was almost in tears worrying about me.  How's that for another emotion!  I maintain that she will spontaneously recover and have all the emotions she should without prompting or planning from us....and that IS happening naturally and spontaneouly as she is healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment