Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 348 - Monday November 26, 2012

I have been waking up early (like normal for me) but today I was up at 5:30 New York time.  It's going to be a bite when we get back and I have to adjust back!  I got some business taken care of early and then woke everyone at 7:00.  We made it to the car service at the hotel by 7:45.  Instead of the Suburban I had booked, they had a van with tons of room.  Mark alerted the driver about Bridgett's carsickness (even though we had already left instructions).  This driver was OK but not nearly as careful as the taxi drivers last night.  I guess you never know!  But at least we all got to ride together.  I sat in the first row next to Bridgett and held a vomit bag on my lap the whole way, just in case.  A couple of times I thought we might need it, but luckily she didn't throw up!  We got to the airport in about an hour.  We headed to security and I was the only one that had problems--with my luggage.  First they flagged my small carry on that was purse sized.  They ended up saying there was nothing that caused a problem and let that pass (whatever!).  Then they flagged my carry on suitcase and ended up saying that it was my fingernail clippers that I always fly with (and have never had a problem with); there is no little knife thing, just the clippers.  They still let me take it on so whatever about that as well.  Thankfully there was NO LINE at all and so it was still pretty quick.  We grabbed breakfast in the airport.  They said we could still have priority boarding (like we did on the first flight) so that we could get Bridgett situated.  It ended up that the flight was delayed by 20 minutes because of another plane.  We finally got all situated and the flight went well.  Bridgett had much less pain than the first flight.  Arrianne thankfully managed to catch a little nap, as well as everyone else but Bridgett and I.  We got back to SLC and drove to where Mark left his truck, hurriedly moved stuff to my van and Mark left straight for Montana.  We headed straight to Provo and got Arrianne there four minutes before her Opera Workshop class, whew!  Then we got checked into the hotel and unloaded the car.  I left Steph and Bridgett with Tyler and picked up some dinner and then picked up Arrianne.  By the time we ate and got everyone situated, and I drove Arrianne to her apartment and got her luggage unloaded and situated, I was exhausted and went right to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment