Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 324 - Friday November 2, 2012

Bridgett has a protocol that we follow every day for our own rehab here at home.  From time to time I tell you about one thing or another that she does.  We have a checklist that we go over daily to make sure that we complete everything that we are supposed to do.  Bridgett always has a great attitude about doing everything although sometimes she rolls her eyes or heaves a sigh about something.  Today I said to her (like I do from time to time) I am so proud of you for always doing everything that I ask you to do daily.  You know we do these things to help you get better!  OF COURSE I always do them she said.  Then this part really choked me up.....she said I would do ANYTHING you asked me to do because you ARE my mother! If you asked me to run 30 miles I would do it; I might have to walk a lot of the time, but I would do it!  I just love it that she is so sweet, so cooperative and so happy!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to comment here, Kathy--I am also so very glad that Bridgett understands your love and your sacrifices as much as she does! It seems she truly must realize that you have given your entire life this past year to her recovery. You are an amazing mother and Bridgett (and your other children as well) are very fortunate to have you as their mother. You are an example to mothers everywhere who ever have a child in serious need--particularly TBIs. I can't say enough about how amazing you are for your willingness and ability to follow the spirit that has guided you to all the resources and help you have sought out for Bridgett. Your follow-through at home, and your coming up with everything on your own that you have to help her at home (and prior to getting home) have just been unbelievably spot on! I also want to give kudos to Mark and to all your children--they are also so amazing! Mark, Tyler, Arrianne, and Stephany have all had to take a back seat to your attention, though they never appear to feel they are at all. Rather, they have been such great help and sources of love and support for Bridgett this past year as well. They are truly amazing and to be commended, and you always give them recognition and praise in all they do, so more kudos to you again! It was always so fun to see everyone with Bridgett whenever I would stop by the hospital or the apartment in Utah. You were all always looking out for her and helping her and it was just fun to watch and see their great love, as well as yours. With Stephany being the youngest (though she is amazingly mature for her years!) and her health issues off and on, I know this has to have been especially hard on her and she has been a real trooper! I know Jenn and Scott are busy with their own families and helped where and when they could. You and Mark are wonderful examples of loving and caring parents. Thanks again for your posts and for your examples of love, sacrifice, and devotion--and ingenuity! :) I miss you all and I love you all!!! Deb/Aunt Debbi

    ReplyDelete