Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 323 - Thursday November 1, 2012

Today I saw Ginny Wood when Stephany had an appointment; Mark took her in and I picked Stephany up afterwards.  We have known Ginny for so many years, like 24, and we just love her!  She was so sweet today and came to the foot of the stairs and gave me a hug.  She told me some really sweet things; sometimes a person just needs to hear something that helps you through the day or the week (or the month or the year!).  It really helped me and lifted me up and I was so happy and thankful afterwards.  Bridgett stayed with Tyler and they played games, went walking and then he talked her into watching a movie.  She hasn't liked anything on TV at all yet, but she did watch almost a whole movie with him--the Great Mouse Detective, a Disney cartoon.  This was a movie that she watched over and over after her surgery in Dec 2010 and it is one that she knows by heart.  He also has been playing some of her music for her to listen to.  In the car she will listen to one song and then shut it off.  Perhaps 10 minutes later she will listen to another song and so forth.  He played music while they played cards, not too loud of course, and she listened with him.  She did ask him to shut it off after a few songs, but I think listening to things more and more will help her get used to loud noises.  She doesn't like anything loud; loud noises really bothers her at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment